If you love pumpkin, then the Orting Pumpkin Festival is for you. A celebration of all things pumpkin, the festival features tons of pumpkin-themed foods,Pirates, Car Show, Children’s parade & More! Stop on by! You won’t regret the pumpkin sloppy joes!
Related Seattle Events & Giveaways
- Win Tickets ($40): Georgetown Haunted History Tour | Planes, Trains, Automobiles, After Party & More! (October 20-22)
- Win Tickets ($60): Seduction: Seattle’s Sexiest Halloween Party @ Seattle Center | Lavish Erotic Art Showcase, Sultry Interactive Installations, Performances & More! (October 29)
- Win Tickets ($300): Channel Your Inner Animal Halloween @ Pennyroyal Bar | Costume Contest, Live Music from The Scotch Tops, R&B, DJ Triple, Carnival Games (October 29)
- Win Tickets ($40): Redhook Haunted Brewery Bash Halloween Party | Costume Contest, Two Floors of Entertainment, Food & Drinks (October 29)
Orting Pumpkin Fest
October 8, 2016
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Free | All Ages
More info: tacomaevents.com
The Orting Pumpkin Fest is primarily a food festival featuring items on the menu with pumpkin as a main ingredient.
A few examples might be pumpkin sloppy joe burgers and chili dogs, pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin pie, brownies and cider, pumpkin spice cotton candy, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin smoothies, caramel apples, elephant ears with pumpkin butter, pumpkin pizza, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin cheese cake, cream cheese pumpkin rolls, kettle corn, and more.
Everything is not pumpkin flavored – other good non-pumpkin flavored food and beverages will be available too.
Along with the great food is free entertainment on the Gazebo Stage and the Car Show next to the Orting Station.
Orting Pumpkin Fest Features:
- Food & Beverage Booths with Pumpkin Menu Items
- Live Entertainment for All Ages on Two Stages
- Rod & Custom Car Show
- Games, Bounce House, & Amusements for Kids
- Orting Valley Farmers Market
- ACT 1 Theatre Productions – Dancing Scarecrows
- Arts and Crafts Vendors in the Park
- “Fin” – the 25’ Salmon on Display
- Little Pumpkin Pals Parade – Saturday at Noon
- Point Defiance Pirates
- Free Bus Tours to a Local Farm
- Cinderella Pumpkin Carriage
- Little Pumpkin Pals Parade
(The Little Pumpkin Pals Parade is open to kids in pumpkin-themed costumes to parade on the Foothills Trail from the Bell Tower to Route 66 Pizza and back to the gazebo. Prizes will be awarded to all children who enter the parade.
Check in for judging and entries will be done at the info booth by the bell tower.)
Little Pumpkin Pals
Children ages 2 to 12 are invited to enter the Little Pumpkin Pals Parade along the Foothills Trail. Rules and registration forms are available at the booth by the bell tower starting at 11:00 a.m. Saturday Oct. 11th before the parade starts. The event is intended to be a casual and fun way to involve young children and their families in the festive spirit of the Pumpkin Fest. Kids are encouraged to wear festive costumes or attire that celebrates the pumpkin theme (not Halloween). It’s easy to participate. The organizers just want kids to come and have fun! It’s the most important parade rule.
Family Stage Schedule
|10:30 am to 11:15 am||Orting High School Choir|
|11:15 am to 11:45 am||Swing Low|
|11:45 am to 1:00 pm||Foxley|
|1:00 pm to 1:30pm||Susan Murphy|
|1:30 pm to 2:00 pm||Jennifer Denison|
|2:00 pm to 2:30 pm||Cuzins|
|2:30 pm to 3:00 pm||Chuck Worthy|
|3:00 pm to 4:30 pm||Martin Henry Project|
Car Show Stage
|ACT 1 Theatre Productions – Dancing Scarecrows|
|Bands below provided by the Puget Sound Music for Youth Association|
|12:15 PM – 1:15 PM||Cannibal Hamster
(Classic Rock and Rock)
|1:30 – 2:30 PM||A Street Blues
(Blues and Rock)
|3:00 – 4:00 PM||Desidia
(Rock and Pop)
|4:30 – 5:30 PM||Western State
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here