Head down to Seattle Center this weekend for TurkFest! Fun, informative seminars and workshops will ignite your curiosity while you enjoy authentic Turkish food, live cooking demonstrations, souvenirs at the Turkish bazaar and Turkish coffee; a truly wonderful weekend for the whole family at Seattle Center.
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Win Tickets ($24+): Seattle South Asian Film Festival | Opening Night Gala, Featuring 22 Shorts From 9 Countries, Censorship Symposium (October 14-23)
- Win Tickets ($40): Georgetown Haunted History Tour | Planes, Trains, Automobiles, After Party & More! (October 20-22)
- Win Tickets: FIREBALL Halloween Bash @ Suite Restaurant / Lounge in Bellevue | Costume Contest, Dancing, Drinks Specials, & More! (October 28)
- Win Tickets ($408): Halloween FreakNight Festival @ Tacoma Dome | 20th Anniversary, 2 Nights w/ Zedd, Armin Van Buuren, Martin Garrix (October 28-29)
- Win Tickets: UNTAMEABLE Halloween @ Suite Restaurant / Lounge in Bellevue | Costume Contest, Dancing, Drink Specials, & More! (October 29)
Seattle TurkFest 2016
October 15-16, 2016
Free | All Ages
More info: turkfest.org
Seattle Center Armory
305 Harrison St Seattle, WA 98109
Seattle Center Festal presents TurkFest, Oct. 15-16. Explore and experience the cultural roots and contemporary influences of Turkey through live performances, visual arts, hands-on activities, foods, games, an authentic Turkish tea house, and a lively marketplace. This enriching, engaging, and entertaining festival of friendship celebrates the multiple cultures that link modern Turkey to the East and West.
TurkFest is an annual cultural festival in Seattle, WA whose mission is to foster friendship, understanding, and cooperation throughout the greater community by organizing educational, entertaining, and engaging cultural programs that celebrate Turkish culture and heritage. TurkFest is a part of the Festál series presented by Seattle Center. The festival is produced by TACAWA, the Turkish American Cultural Association of Washington, and its group of committed volunteers from the Turkish-American community.
This celebration of Turkish culture has grown annually since its inception in 2001, boasting an increasing variety of traditional and contemporary performances, art and textile exhibitions, films, youth activities, cuisine, and workshops. The festival takes place in October every year to commemorate the founding of the Republic of Turkey on October 29, 1923. Each year, TurkFest invites dancers, musicians, and artists from around the country to share their artistic forms of expression with local audiences. TACAWA is proud to organize this free cultural event for the enjoyment of the diverse communities throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here