For one day only, it’s OK to forget your pants. The 14th Annual Global No Pants Day is Sunday! Start working on your cover story now, you don’t want to be late to this party!
Related Seattle Events & Info:
- Win A Quest ($49): Kick Off 2017 w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure | Uncover Seattle’s Hidden Mysteries
- Win Tickets ($82): Sarah Silverman @ Paramount Theater | Emmy Winner, Comedian, Actress, Author (February 7)
- Brunch: Wonderland Brunch @ Seattle’s Pike Place Market Can Can | An All Ages Carnival of Winter Wonder, Classic Beauty & Flirtatious Artistry (Jan 7-8)
- Art Walk: Georgetown Art Attack | Second Saturday, Neighborhood Art Walk, Participants, Map, Free (Jan 14)
No Pants Light Rail Ride Seattle 2017
January 8, 2017
2-4:30 p.m. | Light Rail Fare
More info: Facebook
Meet up: Westlake Park
4th Avenue & Pine Street, Seattle, WA
Emerald City Improv is proud to announce that we will again be having the No Pants Light Rail Ride, our 6th annual! Take off your pants, ride the light rail, and pretend that everything is normal! This year’s event will take place on Sunday, January 8.
In case you’ve been in a cave and have never heard of this event- This is part of the No Pants Subway ride that the New York group Improv Everywhere started in 2002! It’s a really fun time, and a cheeky way (pardon the pun) to do something different and remind people that every day is another chance for something unique to happen!!
TO PARTICIPATE YOU’LL NEED TO:
1) Take your pants off on light rail
2) Stay in character and don’t say what’s going on (keep a straight face- or at least try!). It’s fun to try and create a character and reason you don’t have pants (e.g. You just arrived on a flight at SeaTac and the airlines lost your pants, so you bring a suitcase to complete your character)
3) Wear non-offensive underwear
4) Pay your fare. This is the only fee for the event.
5) Bring a small bag or backpack to put your pants in during the event.
WHERE TO MEET:
MEET AT WESTLAKE PARK at 4TH AVE AND PINE ST, at the arch across from Westlake Center. We will meet here at 2PM, and the event will run until 4:30pm.
You may NOT wear any revealing or “skimpy” clothes. If deemed too revealing, we will ask that you put your pants back on. This includes thongs, jock straps, ass-less chaps, whitey-tighties that can be seen through etc. Please use common sense. You are responsible for obeying the law.
ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO:
We know it’s super tempting to take tons of photos of you and your friends and your new friends and the guy wearing the cute pirate boxers, but please try and refrain from doing so. The event works so much better when everybody stays in character. There will be plenty of people taking pictures. If you’re a photographer or videographer and would like to volunteer to photograph or film the event, please contact [email protected]
Previous No Pants Light Rail Rides, where you can see photos and videos of what happens:
- 2014: https://www.facebook.com/
- 2013: https://www.facebook.com/
- 2012: https://www.facebook.com/
- 2011: https://www.facebook.com/
- 2010: https://www.facebook.com/
No Pants Light Rail 2011 by Flickr User Danielle Beagle.
No Pants Light Rail 2012 by Flickr User Suzi Pratt.
Our Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here