Top Nav

We are giving away a pair of tickets to The Bobs @ The Triple Door on May 28. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, May 26.

———————————————

From our sponsors:
The Bobs – Final Appearance Ever
May 28, 2017
6 p.m. & 9 p.m. | $20 | 21+
Tickets: https://tickets.thetripledoor.net/

The Triple Door
216 Union St, Seattle, WA 98101

It’s been a 35 year enjoyable and successful run with The Bobs, thousands of live shows, hundreds of original songs, and some 16 albums recorded. My thanks and appreciation to all the members of the various iterations of the group: Gunnar, Matthew, Janie, Joe, Lori, Amy, Dan and Angie. My enormous thanks also to all the folks who have come to our concerts and purchased our recorded music.

It all started when Western Onion went bust, leaving all singing telegram deliverers broke and unemployed. Thus began the Great San Francisco Singing Telegram Depression of 1981. Gunnar Madsen and Matthew Stull, two of the newly unemployed, placed a free 25-words-or-less ad in the classifieds for a bass singer. They got one call–from bass singer, songwriter and recording engineer Richard Greene. After six months of rehearsal, the trio debuted at an open mike in a Cuban restaurant. They sang “Psycho Killer,” “A White Sport Coat” and a few others. The audience loved them. The Bobs were born.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Win Tickets ($40): The Bobs @ The Triple Door | Final Appearance Ever, A Cappella, New Wave, 2017 Seattle Memorial Day Weekend

1. JP K May 16, 2017 at 2:33 pm #

Their final tour? I would love to see them. Great music in a great venue with great food and drink. Would be a fantastic night!

2. Alisha May 16, 2017 at 3:19 pm #

I love the Triple Door venue and would love the chance to see this group before I am no longer able to!

3. Julie Calligaro May 16, 2017 at 7:50 pm #

I love acapella and would love surprise my husband with this.

4. Karin Paulsen May 19, 2017 at 7:56 pm #

I listened to the Bob’s when I was in labor with my son who is nearly 30 years old. So every time I hear them sing I remember the day my son was born. Would be so special to hear the last concert

5. SuSo May 20, 2017 at 9:15 am #

I’ll hop in my Chrysler it’s as big as whale but I won’t have to bring my jukebox money the Bobs will make my night oh so funny

6. Grant May 22, 2017 at 1:16 pm #

This would be a night to remember! Cant believe that this is their final tour but its the perfect way to spend the night!

7. Alicia May 23, 2017 at 10:25 pm #

My dad took my family to see The Bobs at the Triple Door for the holiday sing-along they performed with Harry Shearer years ago. He has always been a fan of The Bobs, and the show was absolutely fantastic. Throughout the years, my dad has tried to get the family together to go see then again for our annual family Christmas outings whenever The Bobs are in town, but for one reason or another we’ve never able to make it work and haven’t seen them since. I would love to surprise my dad with tickets to their final show.

8. Marilyn Stephens May 25, 2017 at 2:38 pm #

I would love to see this group and this venue which is one of my favorites. Thank you.

9. Mark May 25, 2017 at 3:49 pm #

They “Really Got A Hold On Me”! I’ve been a fan since they burst on the scene years ago. It’d be great to give them a proper sendoff.

10. Carolyn May 26, 2017 at 5:52 pm #

My brother turned me on to The Bobs, and i would LOVE to take him to this concert! He’s been a mad fan of theirs for decades! We live in Seattle and LOVE The Triple Door!