Step right up the 12th annual Georgetown Carnival on Saturday, June 10 from noon to 10 PM. This colorful community arts festival celebrates the creative diversity of Seattle’s oldest neighborhood. FREE family fun all day long!
Join Our Newsletter & Win Seattle Tickets!
Related Seattle Events & Info:
- Win Tickets ($60): Two Nights with THE GREYBOY ALLSTARS @ Nectar Lounge | with guests OG McTuff + Skerik (June 15)
- Win Tickets ($44): The Easy Star All-Stars @ Nectar Lounge | Playing Songs from Dub Side of the Moon, Radiodread, Lonely Hearts Dub Band, Thrillah & More, w/ Georgetown Orbits (June 23)
- Win A Quest ($49): Get Your Family Outside this Summer w/ Urban Adventure Quest Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S. over 40 locations!
This year’s edition features free concerts by Northwest rock stalwarts Mudhoney, Young Pioneers, Tom Price Desert Classic and Thee Sgt. Major III, joined by Pink Parts, Gibraltar, Mia Day, Shasta Bree, Sazerac, Jacque Larrainzar, Kelli Francis Corrado, Barton Carroll, Danny Godinez, Tobias the Owl, Our Dead Fathers, Megan Krantz, and R L Heyer. DJ Brownstone, Selector Dub Narcotic, and DJ David Baca will spin platters between acts.
The festivities begin at noon with the traditional performance by Georgetown’s Eagles Aerie #1 Brass Band (the oldest performing band in the Pacific Northwest.) Young acrobats from Georgetown’s School of Acrobatics & New Circus Arts (SANCA) and students of Seattle Drum School perform. Spin art, Minions, arts & crafts booths, art cars, food trucks, beer and wine gardens, Equinox Studios interactive art, and carnival games provide entertainment for audiences of all ages. Georgetown Clown Town includes OddMall Alley, J. P. Patches museum, sideshow attractions, and a show of contemporary clown art by Augie Pagan, Kelly O, Tamlin Marx, Doug Parry, Emilie Shepherd, Hector Teliez, Marc Palm, and Henry.
Another annual attraction of the Georgetown Carnival is Hazard Factory’s Power Tool Races! Contestants of all ages fashion amusing drag racers from power tools of all varieties. They compete in thrilling side-by-side heats for trophies awarded in several categories.
Georgetown’s many galleries, studios, nightclubs, restaurants, and boutiques participate with special programming. Don’t miss this festive, FREE event on Saturday, June 10 on the streets of Georgetown’s Airport Way S business corridor.
Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery Celebrate the release of Lightning Snake by Jason T. Miles and Cold Cube Press with an art exhibition and book signing from 3:00 to 5:00 PM.
All City Coffee presents Atlantic/Pacific, by Lowell Poisson. This show is a compilation of works that were begun while on the East Coast in response to his connection with his home in the Pacific Northwest and completed upon moving back to the Pacific Northwest . These works are constructed with in response to chaos/order and the natural world using the mediums of stone lithography and drawing.
Bridge Productions “Thrown”, two-person show featuring the work of Angelica Maria Millán Lozano and Sofía Córdova, curated by Ashley Stull Meyers.This exhibition is a meditation on Latinx futures embodied by poetic and performative gesture. The included works, both sonic and sculptural, propose new language for a de-colonized, de-gendered societies. Together, the two artists construct communal environments dec-centered from patriarchal values with narratives of science fiction and utopian landscapes.
- Hammie Salon presents Authors: Stories Behind the Books, an environmental portrait project created by Seattle-based photographer, Elizabeth Ogle. Stemming from her love of books and the importance of reading, Elizabeth photographed and interviewed twenty-six authors for her website and blog. This project spotlights local, published writers who craft and share stories they are passionate about. Join us June 10, meet Elizabeth, and view a photo library of local authors.
- Hoedemaker Pfeiffer in collaboration with onemoon, Beijing, presents Heaven & Earth, an exhibition of contemporary Chinese art. TianDi is a concept originated in Daoism that represents a view of the cosmos based on interdependent bi-polar energies, Heaven and Earth. It is most commonly represented as Yin Yang, the never-ending, continually reinventing, evolution of all things whose oppositions are comprehensive and permeate personal, social, political, and physical forces, as well as divine aspects of the world. This exhibition is composed of work that demonstrates how Daoism lives today in the work of modern Chinese art.
Krab Jab Studios Illustrator Stephanie Law returns to Seattle to join us in celebrating her new body of work, “Metamorph”. Butterflies, bumblebees and forest creatures frolic and dance in ancient forests and specially designed panels that literally weave and sway across gallery walls like ribbons in the wind. Stephanie will have an Artist Talk at 7:30 pm to discuss her work in this fantastic exhibit!
Eight and Sand is featuring A Stitch In Time, mixed media fiber art and photography of local favorite Mary Clymer.
Illumination Studio Would you like to see and feel the warmth of color? Come in to Illumination Studio #305, presenting Rostad and Ferrell. Rostad, explores the inner beauty of our neurological system through vibrant color and Ferrell explores spatial and color field through abstraction. Music by “DJ” Luscious Leopard Lips, who brings background music with a Theremin synthesizer and keyboards. Always changing, you’ll be glad you came by.
El Sirenito will host the beautifully textured painted abstracts by musician/artist Jon aka Driver. With a brush and palette knife, Driver paints visual songs that instinctively create a sense of nostalgia and explore visceral depths.
studio e Pulp is Hardgrave’s recent series of gouache on handmade pulped Xerox paper can be experienced thru June. In what he calls a “total act of recycling,” the classic medium and Hardgrave’s stable visual language merge with the reused paper structure. Hardgrave is letting these interactions play out by using a gesture that is both controlled and intuitive, which leads to the creation of narratives of transformation among the various parts of the whole.
Equinox Studios is proud to bring you their collaborative artists efforts with interactive art on Airport way S. during the 12th Annual Georgetown Carnival!
Georgetown Music presents the Georgetown Carnival Acoustic Stage located on 12th Ave.S., featuring music by the best regional artists.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here