Residents near South Lake Union are in for a huge treat this weekend for the for FREE SLUBP, or South Lake Union Block Party. Festival festivities continue all day, including food, music, grilling competition, drinks & More!
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Win Tickets ($158): Steve Earle and The Dukes @ The Neptune Theatre | Country, Folk, Americana (August 15)
- Win Tickets ($30): BOWIE VISION @ Nectar Lounge | David Bowie Tribute, w/ DJ Atticus (spinning Bowie Deep Cuts) (August 19)
- Win Tickets ($10): Rogue One @ Marymoor Park | Redmond Outdoor Summer Movies, Movie Trivia, Food Trucks (August 23)
- Win Tickets ($92): Maryhill Winery Presents Steve Winwood | Rock ‘n’ Roll, Blues, Singer/Songwriter (September 9)
South Lake Union Block Party
August 11, 2017
Noon. – 11 p.m. | Free | All Ages
More info: slublockparty.com
Denny Way & Westlake Ave N
Come one, come all to South Lake Union’s summer tradition on Friday, August 11! This year’s South Lake Union Block Party is shaping to be the best yet, and we’re proud to announce this year’s musical lineup. The jam-packed schedule includes:
- Hey Marseilles
- Ayron Jones And The Way
- Eldridge Gravy & The Court Supreme
- Evening Bell
- Bread & Butter
FOOD: Come hungry and ready to sample South Lake Union’s epicurean delights:
- Beer Garden! Pair your local tunes with local brews at the Block Party beer garden, overlooking the main stage. There will also be lawn games for all to enjoy.
- Food Trucks! Local food trucks will be at the Block Party all day, serving both lunch and dinner along Westlake Avenue.
ART: The South Lake Union Block Party and the School of Visual Concepts are once again rolling out both hands-on and feet-out-of-the-way poster-making:
- Print Your Own Free Poster! Write a cool headline, set it with antique wood type, pick out the perfect illustration, and print them to make a letterpress poster for free.
- Letterpress Steamroller Smackdown! Watch teams of design pros from all over the city compete as they print oversized posters with a 5-ton steamroller instead of a printing press.
COMMUNITY: The South Lake Union Block Party is the largest festival focused on celebrating and showcasing our neighborhood with:
- Community Booths: This year’s Community Village will feature more than 60 businesses and organizations in the area, between noon and 6 p.m.
- Local Beneficiary: Proceeds from the Block Party benefit local organizations doing important work in the community. This year’s event, which is co-sponsored by Amazon.com, will benefit Mary’s Place. The local organization empowers homeless women, children, and families to reclaim their lives by providing shelter, nourishment, resources, healing and hope in a safe community.
Our new Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here