Jump into 2018 at the Matthews Beach Park Polar Plunge! It’s the best way to start the year, earn a Badge of Courage if you get in the water up to your neck!
Related Seattle Events & Info
- All Month: Uncover Seattle’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
- January 6: Worst Day of the Year Run Washington | Costume Contest, Medals, Soups, Post-race Party
- January 14: Georgetown Art Attack | Second Saturday, Neighborhood Art Walk, Participants, Map, Free
- December 31: Seattle New Years Parties, Events, Champagne Toasts, & More
16th Annual Polar Bear Plunge
January 1, 2018
Noon | Free | All Ages
More info: Facebook
Matthews Beach Park
Entrance is at the corner of NE 93rd St and Sand Point Way NE
The best way to start 2018 is by coming to the Seattle Polar Bear Plunge! Jan 1, at Matthews Beach – park entrance is at the corner of NE 93rd St. and Sand Point Way NE in Seattle. We jump in the water at “high noon” as a ginormous group of revelers welcoming in the new year with a sense of rejuvenation and renewal as we emerge. Costumes are festive energy are encouraged and we’ll help out with music and lots of photo ops. Warm refreshments will be served and a limited edition Badge of Courage will be awarded to all those who submerge in the icy waters of Lake Washington. FREE!
Sensible safety tips to follow:
- Anyone with heart problems should just watch and cheer from the shore.
- Do not drink – alcohol does not warm you up; it accelerates hypothermia.
- Don not stay in the water longer than 15 min. Body heat is lost 25 times faster in water than in airl.
- Do not remove your clothing until swim time and remove wet clothing before getting back into dry clothes.
Our Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here