From our sponsors:
Greet the Season
November 26, 2016
10 a.m. – 8 p.m. | FREE
More info: atlakeunionpark.org
Lake Union Park
806 Terry Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98109
Join the partners of Lake Union Park for a one-of-a-kind family-oriented holiday event! Greet the Season at Lake Union Park features activities for all ages, including toy boat building, cookie decorating, crafts, music and dance performances!
The event opens at 10am and there are activities throughout the day and into the evening – activities and performances are staggered, so please check the schedule if there is something you don’t want to miss.
MOHAI has regular admission 10am-5pm, with the Atrium open for free from 5pm-8pm. Other venues (Virginia V, Arthur Foss, Lightship “Swiftsure,” M/V Lotus, and The Center for Wooden Boats) are free to enter; donations are gratefully accepted and some activities (such as Toy Boat Building) have a suggested donation.
The Christmas Ships depart from the wharf at Lake Union Park at 6:30pm, stopping in the waterway for a choral performance at 6:35pm; the carolers can be clearly heard from the Park and from the deck of the Virginia V. Hot beverages will be available.
- Open Ships & Dockside Tours
- Live Music
- Toy Boat Building
- Cookie Decorating
- Signal Flag Necklaces
Schedule of Events:
- 10am – 5pm: Regular admission to the museum
- 5pm – 8pm: Free admission to the Grand Atrium (galleries closed); hot cider & cookies provided by EatDrink
- 10am – 5pm: Make a maritime-themed holiday craft with Puget Sound Maritime
- 10:30am & 1:30pm: Gingerbread House decorating (Space is limited and charges may apply)
- 11am & 3pm: Living Voices performance of Klondike: The Last Adventure
- 12pm & 2pm: Evergreen City Ballet, The Nutcracker
- 5:30pm: Holiday concert with Miss Rose and Her Rythm Percolators
- All day: 15-20% off all merchandise in the MOHAI Store!
THE CENTER FOR WOODEN BOATS
- 10am–4pm: Build a toy boat to take home!
- 10am–7pm: Open ship with free hot drinks, snacks, and ship tours
- 10am–6pm: Maritime Folknet presents live music until 6pm; crafts until 5pm
- 10am–5pm: Discovery Modelers Education Center presents signal flag making
- 10am: Marek Skoczylas, request a tune on the concertina
- Noon: David Kessler, the voice that brings songs to life
- 1pm: Bellevue Youth Choirs, joyful choral singing
- 2pm: The Whateverly Brothers, nautical and holiday fun
- 3pm: Common Ground Choir Academy, contemporary holiday music
- 4pm: William Pint & Felicia Dale, songs of sea and solstice
- 5pm: Strikes A Bell, big chantey sound filled with harmonies
- 6:35pm: From the deck, watch The Dickens Carolers perform on board the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival
- 10am–7pm: Open ship
- 11am–gone: Hot cider and cookie decorating
LIGHTSHIP 83 SWIFTSURE
- 10am–7pm: Open ship
- 10 am–3 pm: Open ship and music
- 12pm-3pm: Edwardian decorations and story time
LAKE UNION PARK
- 6:35 pm: From the wharf, watch The Dickens Carolers perform on board the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Holiday Events: Our Seattle Holiday Events Calendar: Shopping, Christmas, Buy Local, & More
- Thanksgiving: Our Seeattle Thanksgiving Weekend Events Calendar
- Shopping: Bizarre Bazaar @ Washington Hall | Thanksgiving Weekend Holiday Gift Market, Christmas Ideas, Home Goods, Arts, Oddities & More! (Nov 27)
- Shopping: Hometown Holidays Small Business Saturday @ West Seattle Junction | Support Local Stores, Holiday / Christmas Gift Ideas (Nov 26)
- Cruise: Waterways Cruises Holiday Parade of Lights Cruises | Thanksgiving Weekend / Christmas, Champagne, Buffet, Bar, Beautiful Views (Nov 25-27)
- Facebook: Facebook.com/SeattleHoliday
- New Years: Seattle New Years Parties, Events, Ticket Giveaways
Our Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here