Día de los Muertos: Tapete Viewing
October 30, 2014
6-9 p.m. | Fere | All Ages
More info: seattleartmuseum.org/
Seattle Art Museum
1300 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
Experience a night of culture inspired by art and tradition from all over the globe! Visit a tapete (sand painting) inspired by Oaxaca’s beautiful traditions for celebrating Día de los Muertos, enjoy music and dancing from India and South Asia, and get creative with hands-on art activities and workshops inspired by pop culture, art, and media!
In celebration of the exhibitions Pop Departures and City Dwellers: Contemporary Art from India.
First 500 get in free to the galleries. Tickets will be available at the Ticketing Desk in Brotman Forum on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available starting at 6 pm.
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Halloween: Seattle & Washington Halloween Events, Parties, Costume Contests and More
- Run + Party: Boogie Nights 5K | Halloween-themed 5K Run/Walk, Costume Party, Beer Garden (Oct 25)
- Music: Halloween w/ Jeff Austin Band @ Nectar Lounge | Bluegrass w/ Danny Barnes, Eric Thorin and Ross Martin + Left Coast Country (Oct 25)
- Costume Party: Bollywood SCREAM @ Acquabar | Costume Contest, DJ RDX, FREE Candy & Masks (Oct 25)
- Costume Party: Seattle’s Largest 2014 Halloween Party: Pulse @ EMP Museum | Costume Contest, 2,000+ People, Cash Prizes, Pre-Party, Brand X, DJ Funkdaddy (Oct 25)
- Halloween Burlesque: Morbid Curiositease presents La Petit Mort’s Dark Cabaret @ Columbia City Theater | Burlesque, Belly Dancers, Sword Swallowers, Music & More! (Nov 1)
- Costume Party: Jai Ho! Bollywood Thriller @ Nectar Lounge | Costume Contest, Flash Mob, Thriller Dance Lesson (Nov 1)
FREE SEATTLE: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Seattle. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Our new Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here