2017 Renton’s 4th of July
July 4, 2017
Noon – 10:30 p.m. | Free | All Ages
More info: rentonwa.gov
Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
1201 Lake Washington Blvd. N.
The City of Renton invites you to celebrate Independence Day in Renton. Enjoy free children’s activities and face-painting from 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., stage entertainment from 12:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., and a professional fireworks display launched from the northwest corner of the Ivar’s Water Walk at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 10:00 p.m.
Food will be available at the Beachside Concession Stand, Ivar’s, and Kidd Valley.
Recycle containers for plastic bottles and aluminum cans will be placed throughout the park. Event attendees are encouraged to use these receptacles and join the City in “greening” Renton’s large-scale events.
Visit the Event Information Booth, located just north of Kidd Valley, for summertime community event information. Event Sponsor Coal Creek Family YMCA will have an interactive/informational booth again this year in the park. Be sure to stop by the YMCA booth for information and thank them for making Renton’s Fabulous 4th of July event possible.
- 7:00 a.m. – Park Opens
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Sand Blast Volleyball Tournament at the sand courts in the South Beach
- 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Free KidZone Activities, Inflatables & Face-painting for Kids
- 12:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Stage Entertainment
- 10:00 p.m. – Fireworks launched from the northwest corner of the Ivar’s Water Walk at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
Food will be available from Ivar’s, Kidd Valley, and the Beachside Concession Stand in the South Beach. Visit the Event Information Booth, located just north of Kidd Valley, for summertime community information.
Free KidZone Activities include Orbitron Spin, Giant Inflatable Slide, Obstacle Course, and Ball Pond. Be sure to visit the Coal Creek Family YMCA Booth for free activities and programming information. Free face-painting provided by the Renton High School Cheer Squad.
(Entertainment Stage located in the grass amphitheatre on the north side of Kidd Valley and Ivar’s)
Check back for the final line-up for the Entertainment Stage.
Renton’s Fireworks Display
The 20+ minute fireworks display, launched from the northwest corner of the Ivar’s Water Walk at Lake Washington at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 10:00 p.m., will cater to spectators at the park. The fireworks display may also be visible from several locations close to the park or from the hills surrounding Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Parking is limited at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Courtesy Pick-Up, Drop-Off, Unload and Load ONLY will be available in the Boat Launch area. Please Note: attendees who are NOT picked up before 10:00 p.m., will need to wait for pick-up until approximately 11:15 p.m. when Lake Washington Blvd. N. has reopened. No vehicular parking in the Boat Launch area.
- Parking is not permitted along Lake Washington Blvd. N.
- Street parking is available on Houser Way N., accessible from Lake Washington Blvd. N. and using the underpass going under NE Park Drive.
- Event parking will be available on the top two floors at the parking garage at The Landing. Please note: parking will not be permitted in the other “surface lots” at The Landing.
- Parking at all locations is at your own risk; do not leave valuables in vehicle.
- There is no shuttle service provided to offsite parking areas.
Street Closure – Lake Washington Blvd. N.
Vehicle access to Lake Washington Blvd. N. will be restricted beginning at 10:15 p.m. to facilitate safe exit of pedestrians and vehicular traffic from Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park. Lake Washington Blvd. N. will reopen to normal traffic at approximately 11:15 p.m.
Finger Piers and Bulkhead Restriction
Boats must be cleared from finger piers and bulkhead by 7:00 p.m.
Boat Launch Hours
The following hours will be enforced at the Boat Launch:
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.: No launching or pick-up of watercraft at the boat launch
Personal fireworks, alcohol, pets, animals, pop-up canopies, enclosed tents, table umbrellas, and large barbecues are prohibited. No nets or poles installed; no projectiles (i.e. frisbees, footballs). Small umbrellas and umbrella-chairs are allowed. Only small-size barbecues will be permitted on July 4th.
Personal fireworks are prohibited within the City of Renton, including the park.
The Police and Fire Departments will actively enforce the ban.
Related Seattle Events & Info
- July: Seattle July Events & Giveaways
- Independence Day: Seattle Fourth of July Events, Celebrations, Fireworks Pictures, Where To Watch, Parades | Lake Union, Whibney Island, Bellevue, Tacoma
Our Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here