Seattle Design Festival Celebrates 10 Years | Art Festival, Virtual Programs, Displays & more!
Design In Public is celebrating 10 Years of the Seattle Design Festival. Saturday, August 15 through Sunday, August 23. Join them for live-streaming events, virtual programming, physical displays, and a virtual design challenge.
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Art: Seattle Deconstructed Art Fair | Explore And Discover Talen Artist In Our Community Showcased In 50+ Galleries
- Dance: Belltown Dance Studio Hosting Friday Bachata/Salsa Dance Event With Intro Lesson
- Festival: Othello Park Alliance Hosting 2020 Othello International Festival In A Box
- Food: Anubis Catering Hosting Burgers & Brews Round 2 At Jellyfish Brewing Company
- Music: Seattle Folklore Society Presents Seattle Song Circle – Virtual
- Workshop: Mandy Greer Studio Hosting Coiled Basket Workshop
Seattle Design Festival
More Info: designinpublic.org
2020 is a big year in many ways– the Seattle Design Festival is turning 10!
Their anniversary comes at a pivotal moment in time. This year’s theme, About Time, sought to ponder past, present and future at a unique moment of transition for the city, the region and the world. Instead, it presently confronts the reality of a global public health crisis and the need to address and dismantle racist systems. Priorities are shifting, and the way that we collaborate has changed.
It is About Time for real, meaningful change.
They’ve worked to re-imagine this year’s Festival, shifting to a virtual format to keep their partners and festival-goers safe. The Seattle Design Festival is still taking place August 15-23, 2020.
Join Them for:
- live-streamed webinars and discussions
- ongoing virtual programming, available throughout the Festival
- physical displays throughout the city that honor physical distancing guidelines
- a weekly Thinkercyze, a virtual design challenge developed by the Festival planning team
Their Festival partners have submitted amazing programming that addresses the challenges of our communities, inspiring action through design. Check out the Calendar here.