The Next Steps Rally! A Not This Time Event. @ Judkins Park | Speakers Include Families Impacted By Police Violence, Local Officials, Community Leaders
The Next Steps Rally! A Not This Time Event
June 19, 2020
1-4PM | Free
More info: Facebook
2150 S. Norman St., Seattle, Washington 98144
It’s time to move forward with real change, by educating the public on the things in our city and state that have been an impediment to justice, equity and police accountability. Seattle/Washington State, let’s lead, meet a host of community leaders, political power brokers, Native Tribes, black clergy leaders, API leaders, Latino organizations and most important our families that have been impacted by police use of deadly force. It’s time to funnel all that enthusiasm into specific areas to focus on.
(We are also grateful and excited that Lyft will provide free rides to and from our event. WOW!)
A few speakers that will present at “The Next Steps” Rally.
- Families impacted by police use of deadly force.
- Youth Leaders: Trimarco Green, Staci Dawkins, Asmian Carr and Zaheed Lynch.
- Lisa Daugaard: Director-Public Defender Assocation.
- Adam Smith: US Congressman.
- *Pramila Jayapal: U.S Congresswoman.
- Michelle Merriweather: President/CEO Urban. League.
- Dow Constantine: King County Executive
- Monisha Harrell: Chair-Equal Rights Washington.
- Jenny Durkan: Seattle Mayor.
- Puyallup Tribe.
- Dominique Davis: founder/CEO Community Passage Ways.
- Pastor Jamaal Cole: Greater Gospel Temple.
- Bishop Tyson: Goodwill Missionary Baptist Church.
- Andrea Caupain: CEO- Byrd Barr Place.
- Willard Jimerson Jr.: Executive Director of United Better Thinking.
- Manka Dhingra: State Senator
- Lisa Herbold: Public Safety and Human Services Committee Chair.
- Linh Thai: Director of Vietnamese Community Leadership Institute.